Thursday, October 15, 2009

Wiki Midterm Review

I have to say I really like the idea of a class wiki effort for the midterm study guide. In one of the powerpoint slides, the activity was described as "an opportunity to learn how to use a tool and actively produce something that will help you learn and prepare." I honestly don't think it could have been explained any better, because that is exactly what we were able to do.

The wiki allowed us to learn by doing. We were given direction on what subject to post on, and from there we were on our own to figure out what needed to be posted and how to post it. I learn best by doing, so putting my portion of the midterm on the wiki really made some of the things we've talked about in lecture click for me (i.e. hypertext)

I loved being able to toy around with things on the site, as it took me a few tries before I could actually figure out how to make a link (I didn't think the directions made much sense as I followed them). However, I eventually was able to make my own links and add the info of which I was assigned.

I liked the fact that we all could collaborate to one site, and it made it easier to study. I do wish, however, that we would have had more of an idea of exactly what we needed to ellaborate on. Maybe next time, a posting of an actual study guide outline would be helpful, and then we as students can go in, make each outline line a link and add bulk that is helpful for studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment